Summertime is supposed to be the laziest time of the year. If that’s so, why are so many of us busier during the summer than any other time of the year? This post will show you the easiest way to save money on summer outings.
Our family hit the ground running on the first day of their summer break and we haven’t slowed down yet!
One problem with all this busyness is that you have the potential to spend a lot more money in the summer with all of the activities and trips planned. So I set out to find ways to save money on summer outings the easy way.
While planning a visit to an amusement park this summer, I came across a few ways to save on this very expensive excursion. Thank goodness, because before the discounts, it would have cost us over $300 for a one-day outing!
Hopefully, these tips will help you save money while planning your summer outings.
- Use some type of coupon. Coupons can be found in stores, soda cans, newspapers, memberships with warehouse clubs, AAA and by going to the website. Usually there are discounted prices to be had if you go online and purchase advance tickets. If you are in the military, be sure to inquire about discounts. A lot of attractions offer free admission if you are active in the military. There are great discounts for those retired from the military also.
- Bring food with you. Most places will not allow you to bring food in, but you can fill a cooler and leave it in your car to enjoy when you get hungry. It will definitely be cheaper and possibly healthier this way.
- If you decide to eat at the park, try to eat before 11 am or after 1. Most people eat between those times and the food lines will be super long and eat up your fun time. (Not really a money saver-but definitely a time saver 🙂 )
- Try to get the group rate. Get a few families to go along with you to receive a discounted rate. You’ll also save on gas and parking fees if you carpool. Also, if you or a member of your family is active or retired military look out for discounts for those as well.
- Allocate a set amount for each child to spend on souvenirs. Purchase the items right before you leave, so you don’t have to worry about carrying them around with you all day.
Those are some of my tips for saving money on summer outings. If you have any tips to add, feel free to include them in the comments section below.