I previously posted about the different ways I clean with the Magic Eraser. Well, today I am going to talk about some effective ways to use vinegar to clean your home.
Use Vinegar to Clean Your Home
If you have vinegar in your house, there’s no need to buy expensive products to clean your home. Vinegar is natural and economical, and when combined with water or baking soda, it can clean most surfaces in your home.
Distilled white vinegar kills mold, germs, and bacteria naturally without harsh chemicals.
Here are a few ways I use vinegar to keep my house clean and germ free:
- Fill a spray bottle with half vinegar and half water and use it to deodorize the air after cooking smelly foods. The room will smell of vinegar for a few minutes and then will be odor-free. ( I have multiple bottles around the house for cleaning other items.)
- Clean the garbage disposal by pouring 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of vinegar down the drain. Let sit for 5 minutes, then run hot water down the disposal.
- Spray and wipe the top of the refrigerator to clean the sticky grime that accumulates there.
- If dishes get white marks on them from the dishwasher, spray and wipe clean.
- Spray the trash can each night to avoid odors.
- Clean dishwasher by pouring a cup of vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher and running it on the hottest setting.
- Get rid of fruit flies by setting out a small dish of undiluted vinegar.
- Spray and wipe to kill germs in the bathroom.
- Mix with water to clean mirrors.
- Spray on shower glass doors after you squeegee it. It stops hard water from sticking to the glass.
- Clean the toilet bowl by pouring in 1 cup and letting it sit overnight. Scrub then flush.
- Clean fireplace glass doors with 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. Spray and wipe dry.
- Clean sticky scissors with a cloth dipped in vinegar.
These are just a few of the ways I use distilled white vinegar to clean my home.
Remember, if you decide to clean your home with vinegar, you will no longer need to purchase expensive, harmful cleaners, and that will be easier on your wallet!
How do you use vinegar to clean your home? I’d like to know! 🙂
If you’d like to download a copy of my FREE Weekly Cleaning Printable, click here!
Follow SimpLeigh Organized on Pinterest and Facebook for more cleaning tips!