Sometimes you are able to save more money if you purchase certain products online rather than in the store and vice versa. If you compare prices before shopping online, or in the store, you can be sure you’re paying the lowest price available at that time.
Here are the products best purchased online:
- Electronics can usually be found for about 10% cheaper online.
- Concert tickets and DVDs can be found much cheaper online and e-books can often be downloaded for free.
- Booking airplane tickets on Monday or Tuesday will get you the lowest fare. Be sure to visit the discount sites like Hotwire and Priceline to save as much as 40%.
- If you are able to find free shipping deals and coupons, buying your clothes online can save you around 70%. Check out sites like Zulily.com and Overstock.com for the best deals.
These products will save you the most money if you purchase them in the store:
- Buying your groceries in the store will most definitely save you money over online ordering. Even factoring in the savings on gas and using coupons, it is still cheaper to purchase at the store. That’s because they mark up the prices and usually charge a delivery fee.
- Cleaning supplies will also be cheaper in the store because you can use coupons and avoid the price mark ups from the online retailer. Dollar Tree and Dollar General accept manufacturers coupons which could make your cleaning products close to free. It only makes sense to purchase them online if you are stocking up and can avoid the delivery fee. Just be sure to compare the prices.
- Pet supplies and food are cheapest at Walmart and Target where they are at least 50% cheaper than online.
- Appliances are cheaper purchased in the store because you can avoid the delivery and shipping fees. When you purchase at a store, they will usually deliver it and remove the old one for free.
There you have it. It’s good to know which items will save you the most money if you take the time to compare prices before shopping online or at the store.
Which items do you find cheaper online? How about at the store? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Related Money-Saving Articles:
**Image courtesy of sixninepixels at FreeDigitalPhotos.net