With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, I thought I would share some tips to help you prepare your home for holiday guests.
- The first place to start is with your entry closet. Go through the closet to ensure that you have enough space for your guest’s coats, scarves, gloves and any other outdoor items they may bring with them. Hang a plastic shoe bag with multiple pockets over the door to hold keys, phones, glasses, etc. Move extra coats to another closet in the house. This is also a good time to re-evaluate if you even need the coats anymore. If not, create a giveaway pile for a local coat drive.
Related Article: Make a Great First Impression by Organizing the Foyer
- Find a location near the door to store shoes. You can use a basket, plastic bin, or floor rugs to show guests where to leave their shoes. If you currently have a storage system for shoes, make sure there’s room to store your guest’s shoes also. If not, move extra shoes to the bedroom closet.
- In the guest bathroom, hang hooks over the door for their towels. If you’re able, it’s best to issue different color towels so they don’t get mixed up when hung.
- Place a basket or tray on the bathroom counter or guest room dresser so they can keep track of all of their items. A basket of sample-sized toiletries is helpful as well.
- Store extra rolls of toilet paper and towels where guests can see them.
Related Article: Decorate Your Bathroom on a Budget
- Keep a basket of fresh fruit and snacks out on the counter so guests can feel free to grab something when needed. Water bottles in their room add a nice touch as well.
Click here to read more about getting your home ready for guests.
Hopefully, these tips will help you prepare your home for holiday guests that may be coming your way!
What steps do you take to prepare your home for holiday guests?
Be sure to follow SimpLeigh Organized for more home organizing tips. You’ll receive a FREE printable when you sign up!
- How to Organize the Bathroom on a Budget
- Simple Ways to Decorate Your Foyer
- Simple Ways to Organize the Linen Closet