If you are expecting overnight guests during the holidays or anytime of the year, here are some tips for getting your guest room ready for their arrival.
- Freshen up the bed by changing the sheets and spraying them with a lavender scented spray. (Ask about allergies first)
- Place extra blankets and pillows in the room for added comfort.
- Consider adding these items to the guest room: alarm clock, tissues, waste basket, bottled water, keys to the house, books, magazines, and the Wi-Fi password.
- Place a reading light next to the bed.
- Clear space in the dresser, nightstand and closet for your guest’s belongings.
- In the bathroom, clear off some counter space and add extra hooks for towels.
- Store extra rolls of toilet paper and air freshener where your guests can see them.
- Place a basket of toiletries in the guest room or in the bathroom and include: hotel soaps, lotions, shampoo, shower cap, toothbrush (in the package), toothpaste, mini mouthwash, sample sized shave gels and disposable razors.
- Adding a plug-in air freshener in the room will help keep the room smelling fresh while your guests are staying with you.
As you can see, not much is involved in getting your guest room ready. Implementing these tips will ensure that your guests will be comfortable and happy in your home! 🙂
How do you make your guests feel welcome when they are staying at your home?
- How to Make Your House Feel Like a Home
- 5 Simple Ways to Allergy-Proof Your Bedroom
- Decorate Your Home Using Feng Shui