My house has hard water, and over the years I have tried many products and methods to try to clean the soap scum that builds up on the shower doors.
There are a few things I have tried in the past that worked, and a few that didn’t. I won’t waste your time going over what didn’t work, so here are 3 super easy ways to clean your shower doors. *This post contains affiliate links. Read more about them in my Disclosure Policy tab above.
- Kaboom Shower Tub and Tile Cleaner does the best job on my shower doors. There’s NO scrubbing or harsh fumes, and it cleans the doors to a sparkling shine.
- In order to make the clean last, I spray Rain X Shower Door Repellent on the glass after cleaning with Kaboom. This prevents the soap scum from sticking to the glass.
- After every shower, I squeegee the shower doors dry. This prevents water spots on the glass.
This process is really quick and easy because there is no scrubbing. I just spray the Kaboom, wait a few minutes and wipe down with a wet sponge. Then it takes only a few seconds to spray the Rain X and wipe with a dry cloth, then only a few more seconds to squeegee the door when I am done taking a shower.
That’s it! My shower doors will stay sparkling clean for about 2 weeks using the above methods. However, when I clean the bathroom according to my weekly cleaning schedule, I start the process over again, so I never really have thick coatings of soap scum to remove.
Give it a try and let me know if it works for you! What do you use to keep your shower doors clean? Let me know in the comments. 🙂
If you’re looking for a cleaning schedule that will help you keep your home clean with minimal effort, click here to download a free printable of my weekly cleaning schedule.
Related Cleaning Articles:
- Simplify Your Life-10 Cleaning Shortcuts
- Easiest Ways to Control Clutter
- Is Your Home “Clean Enough”?