Here are 10 clever ways to organize your home that I’ve tried in the past and thought I would pass them on to you!
- Hanging your scarves: Slide them through shower-curtain rings and attach the rings to a hanger in your closet. This will keep them wrinkle-free and allow you to see each one.
- Folding your shirts: After folding your shirts, place them vertically in the drawer. You’ll be able to store more this way and you’ll be able to see each one.
- Storing kitchen wrap and storage bags: Purchase a magazine holder and place the wrap, foil and storage bags inside vertically. This will keep everything together and let you know when you need to purchase more.
- Keeping sheet sets together: Fold the sheets and place them inside the pillowcase. Now you can just grab the set and go.
- Storing bracelets: Stack bracelets and bangles on a paper-towel holder. Functional and pretty!
- Bringing groceries home: Place a low laundry basket in the trunk. It will keep the bags from tumbling over and if you’re strong enough, you can just carry the basket in to unload the groceries.
- Storing bobby pins: Use an empty Tic-Tac case to keep them together.
- Storing basic essentials: Hang an over-the-door pocket organizer on the inside of your coat closet door. Now you can grab umbrellas, dog leashes, flashlights, gloves, scarves and anything else you may need before heading out.
- Corralling plastic bags: Try using an empty tissue box under the sink to store all those plastic bags we just can’t seem to throw away. 😉
- Hanging clothes to dry: Use a dry-erase marker and write down the items on the washer that should not go into the dryer. Just wipe the writing away with a paper towel when you’re done. (Test on a small area first to make sure it doesn’t stain.)
These are a few of my quick tips for keeping things organized around the home. If you have any extra tips to add, please do so in the comments. 🙂
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES AND RECEIVE A FREE WEEKLY CLEANING PRINTABLE!!