There is nothing more relaxing than coming home at the end of the day and entering into a bathroom that has a spa-like feeling. Instead of traveling to the nearest hotel or spa, why not create your own spa bathroom?
Here are 10 simple ways to create a spa bathroom.
- I know that whenever I enter a spa the first thing I notice is the way it smells. Think about the scents that relax you and add them to your bathroom. Calming scents are vanilla, lavender (my favorite!), chamomile, cinnamon, tangerine, and coconut. Select one and add it to your bath by using air fresheners, potpourri, candles or plug-in room fresheners. Feel free to change the scents with the seasons or whenever you feel like you need a change. Just adding a calming scent to your bathroom will make a world of difference!
- Consider placing white ceramic containers on your counters to hold your cotton balls and swabs, makeup brushes, toothbrushes, potpourri, your everyday jewelry or anything else your heart desires.
- Create a spa environment around your tub by adding a tub caddy and place candles, loofahs, shower gel and soaps on it. Most tub caddies come with a book holder to allow you to read while relaxing in the tub.
- Add music to the bathroom by adding a clock radio or shower radio. Be sure to tune in to a relaxing station to help you unwind.
- Orchids are able to tolerate the wet, steamy environment of the bathroom. They also add a calming, spa-like feel.
- A nice, fluffy bath rug will feel really nice to your toes when you step out of the shower or bathtub. Sliding your feet into some fluffy slippers will help keep your feet warm and prevent you from slipping on the hard floor.
- Hang matching bathrobes on the back of a door. Just seeing the robes when entering your bathroom will help you begin to relax.
- When deciding on colors for your bathroom, the most calming colors are the lighter ones. Keeping everything uniform in color will be very easy on the eyes. If painting the room, be sure to select formulas designed specifically for the bathroom.
- Consider adding art to the walls. Select peaceful designs that go with the color scheme you’ve selected.
- Adding heated towel bars and upgrading the light fixtures can give the bathroom an instant facelift. While you’re at it, add a wall-mount magnifying mirror to help with putting on makeup.
Those are just a few ways to transform your bathroom into a “spa bathroom”.
If you have any tips to add, let me know in the comments section. 🙂
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES AND RECEIVE A FREE WEEKLY CLEANING PRINTABLE!!
- 7 Baby Steps to Get Your Entire Home Organized
- Don’t Make These 5 Organizing Mistakes
- Organize Your Clothes with a Capsule Wardrobe
**photo credit: HGTV.com**