Free Printable of My Weekly Cleaning Schedule!

Since most of us are in “spring-cleaning mode”, I’ve decided to share my weekly cleaning schedule so that maybe you will become inspired to create your own weekly cleaning schedule.

Click here to receive a free printable of my weekly cleaning schedule!

quick weekly cleaning schedule

Quick Weekly Cleaning Schedule

Take note that I don’t work outside of the home, so I am able to clean during the day while my kiddos are in school. If you work outside the home, you may have to revise things a bit to fit your schedule.

I only perform a few chores each day instead of doing everything all at once. This system works well for my family and in my opinion, it keeps our house cleaner, longer.

Monday:

• Laundry (clothes)
  • Disinfect Toilets
  • Clean Light Fixtures/Sinks/Mirrors
  • Clean Tubs & Showers

Tuesday:

• Laundry (sheets & towels)
  • Dust & Vacuum Top Floor
  • Vacuum the stairs
  • Dust & Vacuum Main Floor

Wednesday:

• Wash Bathroom Floors & Rugs
  • Clean the Kitchen Disposal/Sink/Appliances  *I don’t add the sink and counters to this list because they are already on my daily cleaning routine.
  • Clean Kitchen Cabinets & Knobs
  • Clean Kitchen Floor

Thursday:

• Clean Washer & Dryer
  • Clean Blinds
  • Wipe Switch Plates & Door Handles
  • Wipe Screens (computer & TVs)

Friday:

• Clean Toaster Oven & Microwave
  • Dust & Vacuum Basement
  • Clean Wood Floors

By cleaning a little bit each day, I am able to keep my house relatively clean. Remember, though, that I also do the daily tidying up in addition to this routine.

Following my weekly cleaning schedule allows me to have time during the day to do other things like volunteer, help friends organize and decorate their homes, work on my blog, and enjoy some of my favorite hobbies.

What about you? Do you follow a daily or weekly cleaning schedule? Is your schedule similar to mine or totally different? Comment below! 🙂

**Click here to receive your FREE Weekly Cleaning Schedule printable!

Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more housekeeping tips!

Related Articles:

22 thoughts on “Free Printable of My Weekly Cleaning Schedule!

1. Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says:

This is a great cleaning schedule, your house must sparkle! I can’t quite do that much every week but I’m on relatively the same schedule each week. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup and I hope you link up with our Pretty Pinterest Party that starts tomorrow too. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you found some great posts to visit this week!

2. Twila Travis says:

I follow a cleaning schedule very similar to this, but you do have a few extra things that I could add to mine! Thanks! I do not like to clean on the weekends! Weekends are for family time!

3. Pamela says:

I will tweak this up a bit and try this approach. I usually leave all the cleaning to the weekend because I am so tired after work but then I get annoyed because I don’t like spending my weekends cleaning

4. Kelly @RaisingSamuels says:

I think it is wonderful how you broke everything down into different days, Leigh! Thanks for sharing with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope you have an amazing Mother’s Day, and I look forward to you linking up again this week 🙂

5. Kristie says:

What is your daily cleaning schedule? It doesn’t show up when I try the link. I love your weekly cleaning schedule!! Thank you

• SimpLeighOrganized says:

Hi Charlene, I know exactly what you mean about having a cleaning schedule. I feel the same way! Without it, I’d feel lost and I’m sure my house would be a mess. Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂 ~Leigh

6. Next to Natural says:

This is an awesome cleaning schedule! I’m trying to find one that works best for me and my family and will have to try some of your ideas. I’d love for you to share your post with us at Simply Natural Saturdays!

• SimpLeighOrganized says:

Hi Britney! I’m glad you liked the post. Hopefully this cleaning schedule will work out for you and your family. Thanks for the invitation to share on your site. Heading over there now! 🙂 ~Leigh

7. Winifred Sparks says:

This sounds great! I am a working mom and for me is very different, indeed. I don’t work until late, though… that means that I have like one hour before the kiddos come home that I use for cleaning and organizing. It is true that very often I hire a cleaning company (http://carpetcleaningwestminster.org.uk/) to help me with all the cleaning when I have no time, but as a general I like to take care of my house. I really like your cleaning tips! Greets!

• SimpLeighOrganized says:

Hi Winifred! I’m sure it looks very different for a working mom! I tip my hat to you…I know I wouldn’t be able to keep it together if I had a full time job outside the home. Thanks so much for commenting! 🙂

8. Jayne says:

Thanks for the tips Leigh. As a busy telephone operator and a full time mom, I’d say I need this! I have also added a few more tasks per day.

9. Dr. Terry Segal says:

Thank you for visiting my Enchanted Blog! We just completed a whole month devoted to Clearing Clutter. Please go to Facebook Fan page, Enchanted Journey with Dr. Terry Segal to share the posters created with this task in mind.

I love your sharing the specifics of what works for you. Very nice.
    Please do visit again, soon.
    Hugs.
    Terry

10. Beth Hockins says:

Don’t Try To Do It All At Once. (This is a bit of self talk for me.) I see each room and get so overwhelmed by the task at hand. Give your self a pass that you don’t have to have each room accomplished in one day. Break your house up into zones or rooms. Try to tackle one room or zone per day and it isn’t as overwhelming as having to do the whole house at one time.

11. April says:

Just two weeks ago, I made myself a scarily similar cleaning schedule to this. It makes me feel so much better because even if the laundry isn’t done…with 4 boys it never is..I know that that’s scheduled for 5 days of the week, so it WILL get done. Great list!!

12. Helen says:

Your post comes at a useful time. I’m a writer who works from home, and live alone, so don’t have your challenges of other people’s messes. My own is quite enough. However, because I find creative work happens for me in 3-hour slugs, I designate by days like this: Tuesday- Finance:
    Weds: artistic challenges like Painting; then Thurs>>Monday a long weekend of solid creative writing. If I’m on a roll, I don’t stop.
    Cleaning happens when I need to take a physical break. Shopping for groceries usually when I realize there isn’t a thing left in the house to eat.
    I simply love your disciplined approach, and will start tucking it into my day. Thanks for the inspiration.

• SimpLeighOrganized says:

Hi Helen! I’m so glad you found something useful in this post. Do what works for you, add one new task at a time, and you’ll be on a roll before you know it! Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂