Next to vinegar, cleaning with baking soda is one of my favorite ways to clean. I love using it because it is non-toxic and very cheap! Here are my 7 quick tips for cleaning with baking soda.
Here are a few ways I have used baking soda for cleaning:
- Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the trash can to keep odors away.
- Place an opened box in the fridge and freezer to keep odors from transferring to other foods. Change it out every 30 days. Pour the baking soda down the drain to clean it. (see next step)
- Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of vinegar down sink drain. Let sit a few minutes, then follow with hot water to help avoid clogs.
- Sprinkle carpets and upholstery with baking soda, wait about 15 minutes, then vacuum. This helps to remove stale odors.
- Sprinkle some in the bottom of the hampers to eliminate odors.
- Sprinkle baking soda on grease left on the stove. It will absorb the grease and then you can wipe it away with a dry cloth.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of baking soda to the laundry to brighten the clothes.
What are some other uses for cleaning with baking soda?